This is a standard type of experiential programs. For those who want to learn more about Buddhism. Run with over 4 participants.
The schedule can be slightly changed depending on situations. Reservation should be made at least 10days in advance.
|experiential program||90,000 KRW||50,000 KRW||50,000 KRW|
|( private room )||90,000 KRW||50,000 KRW||50,000 KRW|
|14:30 ~ 15:00||Arrival|
|15:30 ~ 16:50||Orientation / Learning temple etiquette|
|17:00 ~ 17:30||Temple dinner|
|18:05 ~ 18:20||Listening to 4 dharma instruments|
|18:20 ~ 19:00||Evening Buddhist ceremony
Making prayer beads while doing 108 prostrations
|19:00 ~ 20:00|
|20:00 ~ 21:00|
|21:00 ~ 03:50|
|03:50 ~ 04:00||Wake up|
|04:20 ~ 05:00||Early morning Buddhist ceremony (optional)|
|05:00 ~ 06:00||Silent meditation (optional)|
|06:30 ~ 07:00||Temple breakfast (06:00 ~ 06:30, summer season)
Walk in the fir forest / Sonjae-gil trail (on your own)
Conversation with a monk over tea
Write review & tidy up the room
Temple lunch & go home
|07:30 ~ 08:30|
|09:00 ~ 10:00|
|10:00 ~ 11:00|
|11:00 ~ 11:30|
The schedule can be slightly changed depending on situations.
what to bring
- toiletries, towels, water bottle, socks to wear in the Buddha Hall, comfortable shoes except slippers or flip-flops, clothing to wear underneath the temple uniform(vest and pants).
Temple uniform, soap, toothpaste will be provided.
- be on time of templestay program(especially meal time)
- keep calm and considerate state of mind.
- don't make a loud sound.
- no cigarette, no meat, no alcohol within the temple.
- proper attire is recommended.
Way to Temple
Taking a bus from Seoul
- 1-1)Take a bus to “Jinbu(진부)” at the “Dong Seoul Terminal(동서울 터미널)”- it takes about 2 hours and 15         minutes to Jinbu. 1-2) Take a bus to “Jinbu(진부)” at the "Seoul Nambu Termina(서울 남부 터미널)l"- it takes about 2 hours         and 35 minutes to Jinbu 1-3)Wonju Terminal(원주 터미널) to Jinbu 1-4)Gangreung Terminal(강릉 터미널) to Jinbu
- 2) When you get to Jinbu terminal, you can take a taxi to “Woljeongsa”- It will cost about 18,000won.
You can take a local village bus to Woljeongsa instead (1,800won)and this takes about 20 minutes.
local bus time: 6:30,07:40,08:30,09:40,10:50,11:50,12:50,13:50,14:20,15:30,16:40,19:20
- 3)When you arrive in Woljeongsa, the "templestay office" is about 5~10 minutes on foot. ** Dong Seoul Terminal(동서울 터미널):02-446-8000 ** Seoul Nambu Terminal(서울 남부터미널):02-521-8550 ** Jinbu Terminal(진부 터미널):033-335-6307
- 033-339-6606~7 email@example.com